Home / Interior Design / Home Renovation / How Many Pillars Required for 1200 Sq Ft House?
Q.

How Many Pillars Required for 1200 Sq Ft House?

Comment

3 Answers

0 2024-05-28T08:49:14+00:00

Last year, during my house construction, I used to wonder how many pillars required for house? The construction contractors said that it depends on the design, size, and structural requirements. 

How Many Pillars Should be there for House?

The home renovation experts said that numerous factors, including building scale, weather, and geography, affect pillar design in homebuilding. 

• They said that a 1000 square foot house requires between 12 and 15 pillars. If there are strong engineered pillars in the construction, fewer columns are required. 

• A minimum of 16 columns are needed for 1200 square feet in order to guarantee the stability of the structure, each row consisting of three columns. 3 X 4 = 12 columns is the standard regular pattern.

I can say that consulting with an architect or structural engineer is essential to determine the exact number and placement of pillars to ensure the building's stability and safety.

I hope this helps you understand how many pillars are needed to construct a house!

Get End to End Home Renovation Done at Guaranteed Lowest Price Via NoBroker

Read More:

How to Decorate Pillars in Living Room?

1 2022-10-14T10:59:08+00:00

Pillars are like the legs of the house. Without pillars, a house will collapse into dust. So, it is important to understand how many pillar construction for house is required. I checked what Mr Sharmasiddharth has mentioned about the number of pillars required for 1200 square feet house. But I would like to cover another angle since you have asked about pillars. I would like to bring in the angle of Vastu.

Book a free design consultation on stylish home decor from the experts at NoBroker Interior service

Number of pillars in house as per Vastu:  

There are no specific numbers to refer to when you need to construct pillars as per Vastu. But you need to ensure that the pillars are in even numbers. Even numbers signify peace and prosperity. If there are odd pillars in the house then you should try to make it even. 

Some do’s and don'ts of constructing pillars as per Vastu:
  1. Do not construct pillars inside the entrance.

2. Change the entrance if the polar near the entrance cannot be removed.

3. Paint the pillars with vibrant colours.

4. Seal the void space between pillars.

5. Cover the sharp portion of the plants with mirrors or plants.

6. Do not place any pillars inside the living room or bedroom.

7. Do not construct pillars at the centre of the house.

8. Pillars located at the North-Eastern corner should never be shaped octagonal, hexagonal or even multi-angular.

9. Cover the pillar beams in the living room.

10. If required place pyramids at critical places where pillars are present.

I hope you find this answer on 1200 square feet house helpful.

Read more:

How to hide a

pillar

in living room?

How to decorate a

pillar

inside house?

How to decorate

pillar

s in living room?

How many pillars required for 1200 sq ft house?

The pillars are a very important part of the construction as it provides strength and stability to the building. The pillars are designed and placed in a plan according to loads of the structure it has to provide. If you include more columns in the plan, then there will be more strength and they will share less load equally. 

If your building area is 1200 square feet, then I assume it will be a (G+2) type of construction. So you can use 16-18 pillars for better and effective strength and the size should be about 240X340 mm.

This proportion will be fair enough to give the building more stability and a better life span in the future. 

Things to consider while designing a house:

When it comes to designing a house, you should consider every aspect of that place which you are going to design as per your convenience and you should have an idea about how to design a house. There is nothing better than living in a beautifully built home. However, to accomplish so, one must first have a basic concept for how to construct such a beautiful and peaceful house.

How many pillars required for house?

Pillars provide a structure with their strength, allowing them to survive for a long time and the elements while standing tall for decades. However, if the pillars are situated incorrectly, they can have negative consequences for the house's residents. As per the Vastu concept, for happiness and serenity, you must have an even number of pillars in your home. If the number is odd, you must make that number even by adding one more pillar.

If the structure has strong engineered pillars, the number of columns can be reduced. You'll need at least 16 columns in 1200 square feet to ensure the house's stability. Each row has three columns. 3X4=12 columns are required for a standard regular design. 

I hope this explanation shows you exactly how many pillars required for 1200 sq ft house.

Worried about getting a loan for constructing your dream house, NoBroker offers a home loan with the lowest interest rate and minimum documentation. Contact NoBroker Home Interior Experts and transform your house at nominal prices Read More: How much tax can be saved on home loan? How to reduce home loan interest rate? How much steel required for 1200 sq ft house? How much bricks required in 1 sq ft? How much bricks required for 1000 sq ft house?

Leave an answer

You must login or register to add a new answer .

Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Top Quality Paints | Best Prices | Experienced Partners
Home Cleaning Starting ₹359 Only
Revive Your Space with Expert Cleaning!
Get Rs.1000 off on Your Lowest Quote
On-Time Delivery | Reliable Packing | Professional Labour
Buy Your Dream Home with NoBroker.com & Enjoy Exclusive Benefits on Home Loan & Interior Services
Fastest Sanction in 7 Days from 15+ Banks | Max Funding | No Hidden Charges
Get upto ₹10 Lacs Instantly in your bank account | Instant Disbursal |