Home / Buy and Sell / Investment / How Much Is A 400 Square Foot House?
Q.

How Much Is A 400 Square Foot House?

view 3789Views

2 Year

Comment

2 Answers

0 2023-09-25T09:20:43+00:00

The 400 square feet house construction cost depends on the materials, location, availability of materials, labour costs, and other factors. In fact, the cost will also depend on the style and structure you want to give your house. So before calculating the 400 square feet house price, calculate the price of the materials first. 

What will be the 400 square feet house cost?

To calculate the 400 sq ft house construction cost in Tamilnadu, you must calculate all the associated costs. Here is an example:

• Foundation: 

Depending on the type, foundation costs can range from INR 50,000 to INR 150,000.

• Superstructure: 

Using materials like bricks or concrete blocks may cost INR 150,000 to INR 300,000.

• Roofing: 

Roofing with materials like metal sheets or tiles can cost INR 50,000 to INR 150,000.

• Flooring: 

Options like tiles or basic cement flooring can range from INR 30,000 to INR 80,000.

• Doors and windows: 

Basic doors and windows may cost INR 20,000 to INR 60,000.

• Electrical and plumbing: 

Depending on complexity, this may cost INR 30,000 to INR 80,000.

• Finishes: 

For paint, cabinets, and fixtures, budget at least INR 40,000 to INR 100,000.

• Labour: 

Labour costs can range from INR 100,000 to INR 200,000, depending on the region.

A basic 400-square-foot house in India might cost approximately INR 400,000 to INR 1,000,000, depending on materials and location. 

Get your house renovated at an affordable price

Read More:

What is the cost of construction per sq ft? How much Construction Cost for 10 10 Room? What Is The Construction Cost Of A Luxury House India? What is The Construction of Building Cost per Sft in Hyderabad?
-3 2022-07-10T17:17:16+00:00

At last I have been able to save a good amount of money and am planning to build a house of my own. I am not very good at estimating how much it is going to cost to build a well-designed house but yes, I have been able to get an idea of it from my father. Before knowing how much it is going to cost to build a 400 square feet house, I got to know the cost per sq ft which is indeed essential if you are going to buy a flat or house as well. If you too want to get all the details, you will get it here.

Get a house within your budget within a short time by availing NoBroker Buyer Plans.

How much is a 400 square foot house?

In India, the construction cost of a residential house or flat varies from Rs 1,200 to Rs 1,700 per sq ft. This cost takes into account the cost of civil work, finishing work, labour charges, shuttering charges and other charges like that of security or plan approval by municipal corporations.

So the 400 sq ft house construction cost in India, generally for a fully furnished single floor house is about Rs 5 to Rs 7 Lakh and for 2 floors it is going to be about Rs 9 to Rs 12 lakhs.

What is going to be the cost of the construction materials?

It is hard to tell the estimate cost of the materials  yet the estimate cost of the materials are as follows:

• Cement is about 16.4% of the total cost

• Sand will cost 12.3% of the total cost

• Aggregate will cost 7.4% of the total cost

• Steel is going to be 24.6% of the total cost

• Paint, tiles, ricks will cost about 16.5% of the total cost 

• And for windows, plumbing, electric, it is going to be 22.8% of the total cost.

I hope this information is enough to get an estimation for 400 square feet house construction.

Read More:

What is Mivan Construction?

How to do bhoomi puja for house construction?

Which steel is best for house construction in India?

Most Viewed Questions

Recently Published Questions

Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Top Quality Paints | Best Prices | Experienced Partners
Get your Home Sparkling Clean
Best Price | 5-Star Rated Partner | Safe Chemicals
Get Rs.1000 off on Your Lowest Quote
On-Time Delivery | Reliable Packing | Professional Labour
Buy Your Dream Home with NoBroker.com & Enjoy Exclusive Benefits on Home Loan & Interior Services
Fastest Sanction in 7 Days from 15+ Banks | Max Funding | No Hidden Charges
Get upto ₹10 Lacs Instantly in your bank account | Instant Disbursal |
Save Lakhs on Brokerage
Get Dedicated Expert to Search Property, Contact Owners & Negotiate for You