How Much Wall Putty Required for 100 Sq Ft
Home / Home Services / Painting / How much Wall Putty Required for 100 Sq Ft?
Q.

How much Wall Putty Required for 100 Sq Ft?

view 5311Views

2 Year

Comment

3 Answers

0 2024-08-06T08:53:39+00:00

We also did putty on the walls two months ago; hence, I can help you out with how much putty required for 100 sq ft. It primarily depends on the coverage capacity of the putty, which is usually 20-25 sq ft (for 1 kg of putty). You can find out how much putty will be required for 100 sq ft next. 

How Much Wall Putty Required for 100 sq ft?

To calculate how much putty is needed for 100 square feet, first figure out how much 1 kg of it can cover. Usually, one kilogramme of wall putty covers around 20-25 square feet for a single coat. So if you need two coats for a smooth finish, you'll cover roughly 10-12.5 square feet per kilogram.

So for 100 square feet, you would need:

• For a single coat: 100 sq ft / 20-25 sq ft per kg = 4-5 kg

• For double coat: 100 sq ft / 10-12.5 sq ft per kg = 8-10 kg

Thus, you’ll need around 8 to 10 kilogrammes of wall putty for 100 square feet if you apply two coats for a smooth and even surface. This is the basic formula to find how much putty need for 100 sq ft. As per the coverage and your needs, you can determine the putty amount next.

Avail NoBroker Home Painting Service to Get Professional and Affordable Putty Work Done on Your Walls

Read More:

How much Cost for Wall Putty?

0 2024-03-07T08:41:10+00:00

It is not hard to calculate how much putty need for 100 sq ft. You just have to consider two major aspects: the area of the surface and the coverage of the product. Once you have this value, you can easily figure out how much putty will be needed. Let me cite an example to help you understand the concept better. 

How Many Bags of Putty Required for 100 Sq Ft?

Before deciding the number of bags required, let me explain how much putty needed for 100 sq ft. Let's say, for example, that you are planning to use Asian Paints Wall Putty. These products generally specify coverage per kilogram rather than volume.

So if Asian Paints Wall Putty covers 8-10 square feet per kilogram for a single coat, for 100 square feet:

• Minimum coverage: 100 sq ft ÷ 10 sq ft/kg = 10 kilograms

• Maximum coverage: 100 sq ft ÷ 8 sq ft/kg = 12.5 kilograms

So, you would need between 10 to 12.5 kilograms of putty for a 100 square feet area for a single coat. 

Based on this value, approximately 2 to 3 bags of putty, each containing 5 kilograms, would be required for a 100 square feet area. 

However, it's better to consult with a painter first before buying putty bags. 

For Premium Quality Painting Solutions, Contact NoBroker Painting Service

Read More:

Is Primer Necessary after Putty?

1 2022-06-21T18:24:51+00:00

I am renovating my room, so I have called a painter to apply new paint to the walls. The first thing he asked to buy is wall putty. I did not know anything about wall putty, so he told me that it plays an important role when it comes to a house. It offers you the required foundation and makes your wall smooth for painting. When I asked him how much wall putty required for 100 sq ft room, he used this example to help me do the calculation:

Let’s assume:

Length of the wall = 10 feet

Height of the wall = 10 feet

Area of the wall  = (height x length)

= [10 feet × 10 feet]

= 100 square feet.

Get NoBroker’s Painters Onboard to Paint Your Walls Beautifully Hassle-free!

Material calculation:

Let’s assume we are using a wall care putty whose label specifies a coverage area for 2 coats = 10 to 15 sqft/kg

In this case, we’ll take an average of these coverage areas = 12.5 sqft/kg

So, total wall putty consumption  = [total wall area ÷ coverage area]

= [ 100 ÷ 12.5]

= 8 kg.

Now you know how much putty required for 100 sq ft.

I want you to know that there are several types of wall putty available in the market today and different wall putty brands may offer different coverage areas. So, you should always read the label before doing the calculation.

Moreover, one significant factor to calculate the requirement of wall putty is the plastered walls’ surface. If the plastered wall has a rough finish, you may require to do three coats of wall putty to get the perfect wall finish. If the surface finish is not very rough and does not have any major undulation in the walls, then two coats are fine.

The coverage of wall putty also depends on the skills of the applicator.

Call NoBroker’s Interior Designers to Know Which Paint Colour Will Look Amazing in Your Home!

Read more:

How to apply wall putty?

How to apply wall putty on painted wall?

How much wall putty required for one room?

Which wall putty is best?

I hope now you know how much wall putty required for 100 sq ft.

Most Viewed Questions

Recently Published Questions

Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Top Quality Paints | Best Prices | Experienced Partners
Get your Home Sparkling Clean
Best Price | 5-Star Rated Partner | Safe Chemicals
Get Rs.1000 off on Your Lowest Quote
On-Time Delivery | Reliable Packing | Professional Labour
Buy Your Dream Home with NoBroker.com & Enjoy Exclusive Benefits on Home Loan & Interior Services
Fastest Sanction in 7 Days from 15+ Banks | Max Funding | No Hidden Charges
Get upto ₹10 Lacs Instantly in your bank account | Instant Disbursal |
Save Lakhs on Brokerage
Get Dedicated Expert to Search Property, Contact Owners & Negotiate for You