Home / Legal / I have a blue ration card in booklet form. I have kept it safe since 2003 and did not bother so far as to renew in ignorance. Can I renew it or do I have to apply for a new one? kindly explain the procedure of how to do it online as we are a senior citizen
Q.

I have a blue ration card in booklet form. I have kept it safe since 2003 and did not bother so far as to renew in ignorance. Can I renew it or do I have to apply for a new one? kindly explain the procedure of how to do it online as we are a senior citizen

view 518Views

1 Year

Read More

Comment

1 Answers

0 2023-06-17T11:33:40+00:00

Hello friend,

The validity of a ration card is 5 years.The government  allotts 2 months to the beneficiary for renewing the ration card after the expiry. Since, your ration book is now expired. You will have to renew it. Old Ration cards can be renewed by visiting the nearest Akshaya Customer Service Centre (CSC). Each state has a different ration card centre.

You will need to submit all the documents (identity proof, old ration card, bank details) for verification.

The CSC person will take a digital photo, finger prints of the applicant.

You will need to pay for the ration card application and service charge of Akshaya Centers.

Read more:

How To Link Ration Card With Aadhar?

Most Viewed Questions

Recently Published Questions

Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Top Quality Paints | Best Prices | Experienced Partners
Get your Home Sparkling Clean
Best Price | 5-Star Rated Partner | Safe Chemicals
Get Rs.1000 off on Your Lowest Quote
On-Time Delivery | Reliable Packing | Professional Labour
Buy Your Dream Home with NoBroker.com & Enjoy Exclusive Benefits on Home Loan & Interior Services
Fastest Sanction in 7 Days from 15+ Banks | Max Funding | No Hidden Charges
Get upto ₹10 Lacs Instantly in your bank account | Instant Disbursal |
Save Lakhs on Brokerage
Get Dedicated Expert to Search Property, Contact Owners & Negotiate for You