Home / Finance / Taxes / In 2015 I registered an under-construction 2bhk flat paying 21 lakhs. An agreement of construction was done for the remaining 22 lakhs. I got possession on January 2016. Cost of acquisition was 4376000 + property tax + registration + interior = 5300000. I’m selling the property now at 77 lakhs. How will the tax be calculated? The base price be 21 lakhs or 53 lakhs?
Q.

In 2015 I registered an under-construction 2bhk flat paying 21 lakhs. An agreement of construction was done for the remaining 22 lakhs. I got possession on January 2016. Cost of acquisition was 4376000 + property tax + registration + interior = 5300000. I’m selling the property now at 77 lakhs. How will the tax be calculated? The base price be 21 lakhs or 53 lakhs?

view 88Views

2 Year

Read More

Comment

1 Answers

0 2022-09-01T19:21:33+00:00

Hi buddy,

I had a similar query, so I did some research and came across this great answer:

How To Calculate Long-term Capital Gain Tax On Property?

Here, here you will learn how to do the calculation of the long-term capital gain tax on the sale of property with the help of an example.

I suggest you consult a CA for better clarity.

Need Any Help in Drafting Sale Agreement/Deed? Then Take the Help of NoBroker’s Legal Experts

Read more:

How to Save Tax on Sale of Property

How to Save Capital Gain Tax on Sale of Residential Property?

Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Top Quality Paints | Best Prices | Experienced Partners
Get your Home Sparkling Clean
Best Price | 5-Star Rated Partner | Safe Chemicals
Get Rs.1000 off on Your Lowest Quote
On-Time Delivery | Reliable Packing | Professional Labour
Buy Your Dream Home with NoBroker.com & Enjoy Exclusive Benefits on Home Loan & Interior Services
Fastest Sanction in 7 Days from 15+ Banks | Max Funding | No Hidden Charges
Get upto ₹10 Lacs Instantly in your bank account | Instant Disbursal |
Save Lakhs on Brokerage
Get Dedicated Expert to Search Property, Contact Owners & Negotiate for You