Home / Due Diligence / My father purchased one shop in wholesale market in Delhi under Pagdi System in the year 1992-1993, under which my father paid the owner a lump sum amount of the said property and from that time till now we paid the rent annually to the owner. Does he have any right to vacant us from the place. Please guide.
Q.

My father purchased one shop in wholesale market in Delhi under Pagdi System in the year 1992-1993, under which my father paid the owner a lump sum amount of the said property and from that time till now we paid the rent annually to the owner. Does he have any right to vacant us from the place. Please guide.

view 937Views

3 Year

Read More

Comment

1 Answers

The Pagdi system is a rental model in some parts of India. Pagdi system started in the British era, under this system, the tenant is also the co-owner of the property.

In the Pagdi system if the tenant is paying annual rent and has proof of the rent payment then the owner has no right to evict the tenant from the property. In case the owner asks you to vacate the property you can immediately serve him the legal notice by providing the rent receipts. If still the situation is not on your side, then you can also move to the competent court under Delhi Rent Control Act.

Hope you find this answer useful. 

Most Viewed Questions

Recently Published Questions

Flat 25% off on Home Painting
Top Quality Paints | Best Prices | Experienced Partners
Get your Home Sparkling Clean
Best Price | 5-Star Rated Partner | Safe Chemicals
Get Rs.1000 off on Your Lowest Quote
On-Time Delivery | Reliable Packing | Professional Labour
Buy Your Dream Home with NoBroker.com & Enjoy Exclusive Benefits on Home Loan & Interior Services
Fastest Sanction in 7 Days from 15+ Banks | Max Funding | No Hidden Charges
Get upto ₹10 Lacs Instantly in your bank account | Instant Disbursal |
Save Lakhs on Brokerage
Get Dedicated Expert to Search Property, Contact Owners & Negotiate for You